View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Riley

I looked at this header & thought, "Oh! Someone is doing a Jane Stickle quilt too!" Yep, I have indeed lost it! I guess everyone knew that but me? :)

I am not 100% sure what you mean by "support" (I am old & more than nuts!)unless you are asking abt the method I used for transferring pattern to finished object? If so (if not, please ask again) I used reg white card stock(cheap as I could find) to print my patterns from the Dear Jane © software. Used papar scissors & cut them out.

I did include the seam allowance & then I will use a tiny craft punch(1/16th) to punch the Intersecting points(registration marks is what they become) so I can mark them on my fabric.(A machine needle also works well to do this)I trace around the pattern piece with a fine point mechanical pencil & then cut the pieces out(scissors! Yes, I do!) I will pin the appropriate pieces together using the registration marks that I marked & then stitch between.I am basically connecting the dots, the pins (or registration marks) becoming the dots. If it is a tricky area to stitch, I will mark my seam allowance.

Hand piecing probably uses abt half the fabric that PP uses. I am guessing ( I had a bolt of 40 yards) I used abt 12 to 15 yards of background.

If this was not what you were asking, please explain further & I will do my best to answer.I don't mind at all, I am excited to think someone else is interested in doing something I enjoyed!

Thank you (you too, Buffy) for your kind words!