View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 11:11 PM
aussiequilter

Hi, Riley.
Thanks for your response. You pretty much hit the nail on the head in your reply. I was intending to piece through the foundation paper (or vylene, or whatever) and all, along the stitching line traced onto the foundation.
I certainly don't believe I have the skills to do what you did and stitch from one marker point to another. My whole project would go totally AWOL without exact lines to follow.
By "support" I meant the paper or vylene, or whatever that the design is traced onto, which I would then follow to stitch through all layers.
I didn't really want the bulk of leaving something in there forever after stitching; nor did I want to dunk the whole block in water to dissolve the foundation, and I was wondering how you did it.
As for the amount of fabric: I have just come back from my LQS, who will have to order it in for me. I will be able to have pretty much whatever fabric I want, as DH gave me the Kaffe Fausset V&A Book and a $200 gift voucher for Christmas last and I decided the Dear Jane background material might be a good thing to use it on.
I can hardly wait to get started, and will count myself extremely clever if my quilt turns out half as good as yours.
Thanks again.