Old 05-07-2010, 02:56 PM
lynsue

I sewed years ago. Decided to make a blouse -- found a pattern -- right size (didn't check the measurements. Tried the tissue pattern on (like I used to) Ok, they alway seem okay -- like years ago. (only differenc that patterns back when I was sewing were one size --- not like today -- 3 maybe 4 sizes. Well it seemed to fit right for my size.

It's harder today because of the way the patterns are -- and -- don't believe because to got the right size it's right. The size I bought and cut to wasn't right. I never checked the measurements -- hadn't sewn clothing in years -- figured I was okay. Well, the blouse was too small -- cheched the size measurements -- the size I bought and cut to was mesurements that were approximately 2 sizes smaller than what the size I purchased should have been. Purchased clothing is getting larger -- I didn't understand how the pattern I got actually was about 2 sizes smaller.

I've since purchased another pattern -- 2 actually (with all the sizes). I'm going to use musling to cut a pattern and accuatily fit it before wasting more fabric. I'm disppointed with my first attempt after past years of sewing -- BUT not giving up