View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 09:40 AM
OmaForFour

The Walmart here on Mt. Desert Island, ME has NO fabric in it anymore. When they moved to another part of town and became a Super Walmart they gave it up. HOWEVER, we have a new Mardens where the old Walmart was and they have a fabric dept. to die for! There are 100s of fabrics there to the point that they have put them in aisles by color in addition to other sections with kids, patterns, notions etc. I bought 2 bundles (11 fabrics each) of fat quarters that were $9.99 each. Really nice material.

Originally Posted by Dina
After reading all the posts that say Wal-Mart is going out of the fabric business, I made a point of going by the fabric dept. here and asking. I got the same message....they are not going out of the fabric business at this Wal-Mart. I wonder if they are just not being told?

At any rate, even though I did not need any fabric and even though I told myself just yesterday that from now on I would not buy fabric unless I had a project in mind, I bought ten pieces. Seven are purple and three are turquoise. No, I don't have patterns in mind, though I know there is a purple quilt in my future. (I asked about purple quilts here recently and found many many wonderful ideas!! I just haven't settled on one yet.)

I didn't find any fantastic sales or anything, but I had a good time. :)