Old 05-13-2010, 03:01 PM
sueisallaboutquilts
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Judie
My daughter and I couldn't pass in the hallway without drawing blood when she was about 12 or 13.. and it seemed like it would never end.. broke my heart.. Now she is in her 30's, married and has children.. We are the best friends ever.

I think they have to go through that in order to ever be able to grow up to be independent adults.. and if they don't have to do it for themselves.. they have to do that for us mothers..

Maybe not everyone feels this way, but if my kids didn't do that I never would have been able to let them go. I wanted to, I didn't have them to keep them... but I just loved them so much that I don't think I could have if they wouldn't have forced it.

Looking back I think God put those horrible years in for all our sake's. I have to say, I love being past those years. Mushy, huh?
No not mushy. I really think the difficulties are there for a reason. It's like nature's way of slowing weaning us from them. And as hard as those spells are to go through they are necessary for the child on their road to independence. Of course if someone told me that when I went through it I may have punched them! :D