View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 10:12 AM
grammypatty7

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
I'm getting a bit discouraged. Granted I've been distracted by my sister's death and all that's gone with it, and I did chose to start with a queen-sized bedspread ( :roll: ) which probably wasn't smart..... but I haven't hardly touched it in weeks. I'm afraid I'll never finish it - and I've been collecting fabrics/patterns for other quilts I want to make, so I have a backlog already. I don't dare let myself start another for fear I'll never finish this first one.

How do you do it? Does it ever take you forever? I bet you don't let yourself buy for quilts you may never get to.
You've gotten a lot of good supportive encouragment here. You may be in slow motion due to grieving and that's ok. I'm sorry about your loss and know it isn't easy to lose a sibling or loved one ever. My very first quilt took me 38 years to complete but I did a lot of other quilts in between while learning. Click on my user name to see my profile, click on my book marks and look at my 38 year quilt and what I wrote there. It's my avatar actually. If you need to set is aside for awhile and do a smaller project, by all means due to but whatever you decide, don't be hard on yourself. Do whatever you need to do for you and one day, you will complete this quilt and be proud of it. Hugs & Prayers