Old 05-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Luv Quilts and Cats

Originally Posted by Aurora
I am going to try this again. Last night I bought a 1910 Red Eye on ebay. I plan to convert it to a handcrank and leave it in the case. I feel very lucky to have found such a beautiful machine and I don't even have to remove the motor since it was originally a treadle. I will post a picture when it arrives at its new home. It will be shipped Monday via FedEx, so I should have it by the end of next week.

I have been looking for just the perfect machine to convert since I found out how easy it is to convert a machine to a handcrank. I am sure it will take some practice, but I plan to use it to piece quilt tops this summer.
OMG! You have just brought back a memory for me! I remember my Memere using a hand crank machine and also a treadle machine. She was a seamstress. I don't know what happened to her machines when she passed away. I wasn't into quilting then and I didn't like sewing clothes. The machines probably went to one of my Aunts. I'll have to ask my mother, maybe she can remember. Your post just made me think of her and her machines! Thanks!