Thread: Rating quilts
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 05:59 AM
sandpat
Power Poster

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I'd like to read that article of Mark Lipinski's if anyone knows if it could be found online.

I just entered a quilt in the AQS Knoxville 2010 show and it's the first show that I've entered since my very first quilt that I entered in my county fair. I went back and forth about entering it because I know darn well that it isn't perfect. I'm under no illusions about it.

To my utter shock it was accepted for the show. I really don't expect to win anything but you know what? I ENTERED!! No one has the authority to tell me if I should enter or not, whether I should try or not. Whether I win or not is irrelevant right now. And so is anyone's opinion that I shouldn't have entered anything less than perfect.
Pam, congrats!!!! I'll be pulling for you. I just wanted to say that I had a conversion with one of the "big shot" judge, teacher people once and she told me this...the most important thing about quilts in a show and the ONE thing they ALL have in common is this- "They ENTERED". So....go for it, like you see, you just never know!