Old 05-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Charlee

Originally Posted by JCquilts
Originally Posted by Charlee
I could most likely pull the presser foot from my 9W and use it on the W&W 8...and will consider doing that before I actually use the glass foot! (Thanks for the idea! :) )

I do think that the idea behind the glass insert is for visability...it's the only thing I can imagine. The metal where the glass inserts into the foot is where the feed dogs are, so it's not as if the glass has any other purpose that I can see...I'll have to get ahold of Miller and see if he knows for sure!
OMG Charlee. I just looked and my old W&W and it has a glass foot too!! It was just so dirty that I didnt even notice. It is very yellow with oil, hopefully I can clean it up following Billy's tute.
Miller, on Needlebar should be able to date your machine for you...I know it's older than mine is! :) Mine dates to about 1880, so I'm betting yours is 1860-70!
You should be able to pull the glass insert out of the foot to clean it, and then just clean the metal as you would any dirty metal, polish it with a wax of some kind to seal it against rust. Clean the glass as your would any glass, and reinsert into the foot.
:)