Thread: Bonni's Pix
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Maride

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
Here is another cheater cloth that I got off of Ebay. It is a fleece fabric. I bought two of them and gave them to my two graduate assistants in my office. They were identical. I originally had only bought one but when the other one saw me working on it they raved so much about it I lucked out and managed to get a second one. If either one saw me working on it, I just told them it was for the other women they shared the office with. :) It's all hand sewn. I also stitched around the figures to make them stand out a bit more. When it came to gift giving, the two women debated for over 10 minutes about which package they wanted for themselves. I had them wrapped up in heavy dark garbage bag (the only thing I could find that fit) so they couldn't see what it was. They were both surprised when they found out they each got one.
OK, you are now scaring me. I lost the African ladies on e-bay probably to you and I ALSO got the Keith Mallet mothers and made it into a wallhanging. I framed mine on a stretcher after I did some heavy machine quilting to it and a little thread painting. I have been looking to get it again with no luck. I also did his Celebration into a wallhanging. I love fabrics with any African theme.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-73891.jpe