Thread: Newbie Question
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 10:31 AM
CindySue

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
I've attached a link that shows you how much binding that you would need for either straight or bais bindings. Hope this helps out.
This has all been such wonderful information. (and so quick too) I think that since it is my first quilt I am going to go with the straight binding and this chart is excellent....I know that there will be a lot of mistakes in this quilt...but I am learning, and learning from my mistakes....If it doesn't turn out, I'll keep it here at my house and try again with something different....The grandsons always want to stay at Yaya's house, so now they will have a quilt to cover in...even though it might be a bit "baby" they'll keep warm...lol And I have decided to try hand quilting it....Machine quilting scares the bejebers out of me and I only have a little everyday run of the mill sewing machine...I think trying to machine quilt it would be too much... Thank you again I appreciate all this wonderful information and I like the idea of striped material for candy cane effect...I'll definately give that a whirl.... Cindy