Old 06-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by winterswisper
Funny you should mention the "being good at it". I often remark to my husband that this is a hobby I should have started in my youth, so I would have had time to become accomplished. We are newlyweds of two years next month and he loves - and wants to keep :( - everything I make - quilting or loom knitting. He never wants to give anything away. He is always snuggled under one of my afghans or quilts with the dog watching tv while I quilt!

I may not be around long enough to get good at it but I enjoy it immensely!

Rosemary
Welcome to the wonderfully addictive world of quilting! If I had just one piece of advice I could give after quilting for 18 years, it would be to take as many classes and hang out with as many quilting friends as possible. It's amazing how much you learn in a class, and it isn't what is being taught but the tips and tricks that get passed around that end up invaluable! And with each class our skills improve (or we hope so anyway). I didn't take my first class until I had been quilting for 12 years and now I take classes even when I know I don't need them because of the friendships that are made and the different tips/tricks I pick up. And congratulations on your wedding! 8-)