View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 01:13 PM
pab58

Thanks Sylvia for the invite!! I just might take you up on it sometime. I'm not sure of my schedule yet for July. In about two weeks from now I will be traveling to southwestern Virginia to visit my mom, North Carolina (Durham) for an educational conference, back to Mom's house in Virginia then to East Tennessee to visit my dad and possibly Kentucky and southern Indiana. I have yet to decide if I will pay an extended visit to my aunt who lives in southeastern Kentucky. She has been wanting me to stay with her for at least one week so we can "talk our heads off" (you have to say that with a really strong southern drawl) and do some quilting together. She has fabric she wants to give me as well as some other goodies. I just hate to pass up this opportunity to visit with her since she is elderly, and one never knows what the future holds. I would feel just terrible if something happened to her, and I didn't stop by for a visit. :cry:

I'll let you know if and when I can join you. I would love to get involved in the charity quilts! I had a Service Projects class at my old school where my students constructed quilts for babies, the elderly, etc. The last year I had the class my three students constructed 200 quilts -- in one school year!!! They were able to touch so many lives, and I was so proud of them!

Patty