Thread: Quilting guilds
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Tiffany

Eddie: With the way it sounds, you might be better off starting your own guild! I bet you'll be surprised at how many members from the other guild who aren't happy end up at your meetings instead, or they'll be like me and many of my friends and belong to both guilds. ;) It's pretty easy to start a guild and only takes a handful of people. And the best part is that you are in on the ground floor, which means you can make it any way you'd like. (I see Susan B has suggested this too.)

I bet if you started your own guild and announced that men were welcome, the other guild would change their policy pretty darn quick!

As for them using you for a trunk show and then discarding you - that is just plain rude!!! I wouldn't want to belong to a group who treated people like that. At the least you should have received a thank you card. Heck, my guild would have made you an honorary member!

Ripped: Normally the money our guild makes from its Stash for Cash goes to either charity or the library. Sad that I can't remember which, but we do a special thing each year for both of them as well as the raffle quilt every other year.