View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Quiltbabble

I can't stop. Most of these quilts are stored away until I give another lecture. Well, the last navy and white one is on a bed. As is Over in the Meadow in a previous message.
When my quilting friend Donna Milz died, her mother sold her fabric. I bought most of her black and whites and combined them with mine and made this quilt.
After a friend taught our bee to use the TriRecs tool (which I had purchased, but never used), I made this quilt. It was machine quilted in loops and stars in variegated gold colored cotton thread. To me the angels in the background fabric of the blocks are celebrating the first night the stars were created and placed in the heavens.
Twisted Sisters was made from homespuns using the book Colorado Log Cabin by Eleanor Burns. It was beautifully handquilted using the Methodist or Baptist fan pattern by Irma Sunderman of Clarinda, Iowa in three weeks.

On the Day God First Made the Stars was made using the TriRecs tools.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79569[/ATTACH]

Twisted Sisters Evil Twins was one of two matching quilts made at the same time with a friend.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79576[/ATTACH]

Don't Be so Negative contains scores of black and white prints.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]107327[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79564.jpe   attachment-79571.jpe   attachment-107322.jpe