View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Quiltbabble

One more group, okay?
Halloween prints were used to make this quilt from a pattern by by M'liss Hawley called Georgia Strait.
Can you find the "mistake" on Olive Oil where the group of vehicles took the wrong road and were captured. (Remember Jessica Lynch?) The fabrics in Olive Oil represent oil (black solid), military uniforms (green print..even though I was watching daily, I didn't pick up on their "sand-colored" uniforms) and muslin (troop movements back and forth across the desert).
If you every saw the frightening Twilight Zone show where the couple was trapped on the "miniature train set", you'll know why I built 4 driveways/exits from this housing complex of small "Starter Homes" called Bucktown (My last name is Buck). A green print fabric was used for each house and its yard. I chose the "Evening Star pattern the houses because it looked like a gabled house (to me). Each "concrete" driveway is made from a gray fabric. I considered, but have yet to add, oil spots on some of the driveways. Note that each row of homes are set alternately so that neighbors cannot see easily into windows. An alley separates each row of 8 homes. A total of forty homes are compactly created in this "little piece of suburban heaven." After exiting their driveway, then alley and then the outside street, drivers make their way to one of the four exits and drive over the curb (binding) out of their housing area.

Spooky Night in Georgia features mostly Halloween fabrics. The border is covered with black spider webs.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79626[/ATTACH]

Olive Oil depicts the U.S. troop movements across Iraq in 2003.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79627[/ATTACH]

Starter Homes or Bucktown was based on a quilt I saw in a Galena, IL show.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79628[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79621.jpe   attachment-79622.jpe   attachment-79623.jpe