View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 07:03 AM
newbee

I generally drive by two LQS to get to another one across town. The two I pass by have horrible service. For example, I was looking specifically for ANY book on Jelly Roll quilts, and a worker at the closest shop didn't even know if they had any books on Jelly Rolls, and could not bother to look around with me even though I was the only one in the shop! The other one I drive by always tries to sell me something that I don't want. Once I went there to find a specific ruler, and because the store didn't have any in stock, the OWNER tried to sell me something else not at all related to what I was looking for. Neither of these events was a one-time event for either store. Fortunetly, there is a fabulous quilt store across town that I go to for advice and fabric, and I always end up bying something while I am there. Once I took a quilt top in to buy some border fabric to replace the fabric I had but didn't think went well with the top. The saleslady said what I had was just fine and she would stick with that--even though it cost the store a sale! Of course, I still bought a lot of things there. Now that is the service I want to see--it sure makes a loyal customer out of me. Now, after saying all that, I still shop at a much closer Joanne's for fabric for charity quilts. I just can't afford $10 a yard for a quilt I am going to donate. But for friends and family, it is the LQS for me!!