View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Brenda Sue

My mother and I did four cross stitched quilts for Christmas last year. One for my brother, one for each of my two sisters and Momma insisted I should have one, also. She did the embroidery and I made the quilt top. A local lady did the machine quilting for us. She did not follow the preprinted quilting pattern. She just chose a pretty pattern and quilted the whole quilt that way. My family was real happy to get a quilt from us. Now the grandchildren all want one. I have some pictures and I will try to get them posted.

We have more finished kits we are going to use. Most were bought at Wal Mart when they sold material in Fredericktown and some came from Hobby Lobby.

The kits came from the Jack Dempsey Needleart Company. You can find them on the internet and order from there. They have a really good selection. I just wish they used better quality cotton in the kits, but they do look good in the quilts. I guess the batting and the backing help a lot.

I have some pictures I am going to use in the Memory Quilt for Momma. Do I need to prepare these pictures a certain way so they do not fade or rub off? I used freezer paper ironed onto off white cotton and used the office printer. I need to get to work on this and get it finished. Any advice will be welcomed.

Brenda