Old 06-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by JJs
the ten dollar Spartan... got this yesterday, brought it home and took it apart :roll:
the base is in really sad shape - cracked, chunks broken out etc. DH will probably make me a wooden base for it... right now it's "repaired" with duct tape :mrgreen:
After I got all the nasty gunk off of it, cleaned off the scotch tape that somebody put on all the paint dings (rusted and flaking off).. I used auto touch up primer and paint (hey, this is a ten dollar machine). Put it back together then looked at the motor. Took a chance and plugged it in - nothing. So took the foot pedal off - it was really nasty and tried another one - the wiring had been replaced somewhere along the line because it's in really good shape. So then I took the motor cover off and duh - two wires had come loose - fixed that and the motor works fine - put it back on the machine, put on a new belt and this little thing FLIES.
Had a tension problem but think I got that fixed...
so cute little addition to my collection - not in real good cosmetic condition but sews fine.
The reason it runs so good is because of the 200mph tape you have on it!!

It looks great and I know it feels good to be able to spend $10 on a machine and fix the little things that need fixing and being able to use it!!

Congratulations :thumbup: :thumbup:

Billy