Old 06-10-2010, 10:44 AM
kay carlson

I had to reread everything and then get some guts to start cleaning up my machine. Actually, it is fairly clean and once I oiled it up ---- it's purring like a kitten.

Boy, do I have lots to learn about keeping this baby in tip top condition. I guess it's just a learning curve. I'm so excited and happy!!!:-)

"Dorothy" is the name of my Singer 221 FW circa 1952. I have named her in honor of my mother who taught me to sew on her electric late 1930's? model Montgomery Wards high shank with shuttle bobbin. It's like riding a bike and reminds me of hearing Mom's encouraging voice in the background. :-)

This is fun! DH is even checking on what I am doing and offering encouragement!!! His is also curious about the machine. To him, it looks like it should be a toy....

Thanks to everyone for (posting) stopping by the shop. I feel very welcome here. :-)

Well, I've got to go. The Tigers have an afternoon game at Chicago with the White Sox. Last night was a horror movie so I've got to really encourage the team with the old English "D" :-)