Thread: Scrap Rug
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Kas

Originally Posted by quilter53
Originally Posted by Kas
Linda, to keep the cord tight when I am making bowls this way I just wind enough to get the needle started in the cord. Then, with the needle in the down position and in the cord, I start wrapping the rest of the cord while keeping slight tension on it all. Sometimes I end up halfway across the room!

Kas
How long do you cut your strips. With the other methods I have used they specify a length. It seems if they were too long they would get tangled.
I was cutting the strips the width of the fabric, but if you are doing a scrap rug and not a planned rug, then you would just use whatever length you have. I don't cut the cord until I get to the end of the bowl. And the gal who taught the class I took suggested unwrapping the whole bunch of cord and then make a ball of it like you do with yarn. To keep that ball from unwrapping while I am sewing or wrapping fabric strips, I stick a flower headed pin or two into it at the point where the loose end is. Am I just confusing you more? I have a hard time getting my thoughts across on paper, sometimes.