Old 06-15-2010, 07:01 AM
aliaslaceygreen

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
I am Dotty and I have been looking for some quilters from NYC. One sweetheart will move here soon and there is another friend in Queens. SO- I took a class on Sunday and invited all the simpatico ladies to join QB. This was a terrific group. And since I am pretty socially aggressive, I'm having a Quilters' Tea on July 18. My place. Please come, CraftyBear!
socially aggressive...I LIKE that. I may steal it!!! LOL (hows THAT for agressive?)
I am Trish, 45, living in Colonial Heights, Va, but a New York girl at heart. Moved here in 2002 (to be with my new husband) from Staten Island, where I was born.

I have quilted since about 1995, I have been in retail for 20 years and worked at JA for 4 years (so tend to take great offense at the brush you gals can paint on the public face of the company--if you only knew, lol, but I digress---ALL retail is the same, when one gets to the crux...its about PROFIT, not about product or customer service)

I am first a photographer, then a quilter, however. (and claim to be a scrapbook-er, but it sits...) See my photo site under my signature, almost all that you see is available for purchase)

Empty nesters, (my dd lives in Wilkes-Barre, and my two step kids near by) we are kept by three ridiculous cats.