Old 06-15-2010, 04:59 PM
HapaMom

Originally Posted by sandpat
Whoa....hold on a sec there....I'm absolutely certain that there was NO intent to offend anyone with the post of the beautiful fan. I'm sure that this just hit you the wrong way at the wrong time..

Now that you have cleared up the fact that the fan actually has Japanese motifs on it vs. Chinese, maybe you could educate us on another thread about more of the differences in the cultures that you alluded to at the end of your post.

Elle...ALL the work is beautiful, thank you soooo much for sharing it and I'm really looking forward to seeing more of it!!

WHOA?! Why should "I" Whoa?! YOU Whoa! Also, why am "I" responsible for "educating you"? I recently saw a thread here where someone actually had the courtsey to ASK what the cultural differences and preferences were so as not to offend and move forward in a correct manner, THAT is being responsible and handling racial issues in an applicable manner. Don't you think that when you venture into a culture that is NOT your own, YOU are responsible for educating yourself?

I don't think anyone ever INTENDS to offend anyone else, it's the lack of thinking ahead, again, venturing into a culture that is NOT your own and making assumptions, THAT is what offends b/c the end result is ignorance manifested as you see here.