Old 06-15-2010, 07:23 PM
b.zang

Here in BC, we have THE BEST library system. I not only have a library card to my local library, I have a library card called the BCOne Card. I can take it to any library in the province, borrow up to 5 books and return them to any library in the province. So, as I travel all over the place, I'm always searching out libraries and carrying books around. If you visit in enough different places, that's a lot of books! I love how each library is unique and the collections vary. There are some I visit regularly on holiday and am reading my way through series available at them. I supposed I could order them to my home library, but it's kind of fun knowing they are there waiting for the next holiday.

Two authors I've recently discovered are Phillip Gulley and Angela Hunt. Gulley is hilarious and Hunt is a Christian version of Jody Picoult.
For all time re-readability, I like Rosamunde Pilcher.
For thinking, Jared Diamond (Guns, Germs and Steel) is a fabulous author.

I'm not a genre reader, and am willing to try just about anything put into my hands. I didn't get into Water for Elephants, though, so will now give it a try.