View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 05:43 AM
Gwyn

Originally Posted by dlb0526
that little one will enjoy the turtle for years. But, I have a question, how do you keep those types of seams from raveling??

God bless, Dee
Dee: The seams are stitched twice. The first time you have just the fabric, batting, and backing fabric. These are also quilted when they are just pieces. Then, you stitch the seams again when putting the quilt together. I have used a double needle when making something small, but for this quilt I stitched the seams 1/8" apart.

When you clip the 1"-1.25" seam allowance, you only clip down about3/4 of an inch. I like to do the clipping before putting the pieces together. It doesn't get fuzzy until you put it in the washer and dryer. Hope this answers your question. This style of quilting is a little different than traditional.

If anyone is interested, I found a pattern to make a cathedral window rag quilt. It is really easy and all done on the machine. Not as pretty or detailed as the traditional, but just as fun.

If I can find a picture of a frog, that can be made into pieces, it would be really cute. Hadn't thought of that. Ahhh, a new challenge. :wink: :lol: :?