View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 01:41 PM
karendenice

Sew little time, sew much to do. :D
I did oil painting and drwaing as a kid. Am sorry I didn't do more with it, bust was just too much $.
I did string art, and needlepoint an high school.
Taught myself to crochet after marriage (found a baby blanket pattern and fell in love with it). Also did some needlepont that I got from Greece on a trip. Cross-stitched for over30 yrs. Got kinda bored with is so I started doing petie point, working on 40-count silk gauze with silk floss (still do that). Started knitting and quilting in 1997. Made three quilt tops, quilted one wall hanging (not binding). Then I put the 2 big and 1 little quilt away and kept on knitting. Have knit alot of afghans, shawls and scarves ( my daughter always wants a new scarf for herself or one of her friends). Am worjing on knitting alot of socks and do alot of quilting for Christmas presents. The first pair of socks I kept for myself. They are the most comfortable and warm socks that I have ever had. I also read ALOT. I have over 1000 books and counting. Have to keep them on a spreadsheet to keep track of the ones that I have read. :lol: I am also going to start helping out The Linus Project. Am excited about that.
Had 1 horse, 3 dogs 2 parakeets, and one ski boat when I was married. But now that I have gotten older and daughter is grown and gone I have alot of time on my hands. Work on all the above and spend ALOT of TIME on the computer. :lol: