Old 06-19-2010, 06:06 PM
lfw045

I'm visting my Dad again and we had a birthday dinner for him down at my late Grandmother's home with the rest of the family, today. Well I sat at the table and right to my right was my Grandmother's Singer. That was such a tease. I wanted to look at it so bad. There was a towel on top of it with a TV sitting on top. I wanted to move that TV sooooo bad. I do know it was a treadle but was turned into an electric. It is still in the treadle base and it is in excellent shape. I can't remember for the life of me what the machine looks like but I am so hoping I get to get a look at it on this trip. I wanted to open up those drawers and see what was left in them....something my Grandma had touched and used. I know, I sound silly. If I had touched that machine while all the "Sisters" were there I would have been probably beaten severly about the neck and shoulders....they be my aunts..lol. One of the Aunts knows that I want it so we shall see if that happens in the future. All I really want is to keep it in the family, however it would be really cool to see the machine and get the serial number, you know? Keep your fingers crossed for me please!