Old 06-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Katia

Well, I finally found a treasure when I was out at yard sales looking for Singer attachments. I almost tripped over her actually. If I read the number right she is a 99 made in 1940. The guy plugged her in for me and she sounded pretty good. Maybe a little slow, but she needs a good cleaning. The whole machine is pretty dirty. The front has orangey yuck all over the silver. And there is a lot of pin rash. But the decals looks good. The cabinet needs refinishing, but is in pretty good condition otherwise. Oh, I got her or 45 bucks. Not too bad?

I found two others but the old guy wanted way too much for them. One was a nice coffin top treadle. I did not pull the machine up to see what it was, but it was in filthy and needed to be refinished. He wanted 375 for it. Uh, no. The other he had was a fairly modern looking cabinet with a pretty hefty looking machine in it. He tried to tell me it was the first machine Singer ever made. Maybe the first one they made in the 40s or 50s. That one was 300. Oh well, the search goes on.

Pictures of my newest baby.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-88657.jpe   attachment-88658.jpe   attachment-88659.jpe