View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 09:42 PM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

I don't know where everyone is finding the great clothing and sheets at thrift stores. I have Goodwill, Salvation Army and Savers thrift stores here and for the price they want for a men's good cotton shirt I can buy a yard of good fabric on sale. I'm very frugal with what I buy and I'm blessed that I don't have to be. Honestly I don't want over a $100 of my money to be tied up in any quilt I make. I have that and more in most all my quilts if I had bought the fabric and batting at regular prices. I would rather have that money in my pocket then on a bed somewhere. I make over 90% of my quilts from my stash including the batting. I have about as much batting as I do fabric. When I go to quilt shows I stock up on the pre cut wool and silk 18" batting squares, cheap! Don't pass up that vendor's big table of batting. I love the squares for QAYG quilts. I have a closet full of packages and bolts of batting all bought at clearance prices. I love to buy fabric so I replenish what I use whenever I find a great sale. I have enough fabric I can hold out for the rock bottom values. I prefer scrappy quilts so any fabric is the right fabric. I buy thread in sets when I find it at least 50% or more off. I usually buy any new quilting tool I think I want to try without waiting for a sale price.