View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 10:18 AM
garysgal

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
Been in contact with Admin and I just don't know how this could actually be done, some ideas have been put out there. Would not be an easy thing to do. I had a thought, but my concern is the miss use of this. For indivduals that all of us have been in contact with everyday its a wonderful thing. For others that would come on just to do this to just promote themselves is another and we've all seen where there have been incidents of not fair play.

I don't want something that is good go bad. So here's just a thought that might work out in the meantime. If we're headed somewhere, let's just ask like done in the past, if there is someone on the board in such and such state or city please let me know I'd like to stop in. If there's a service that is needed let's ask say I'm looking for say sewing machine repair in such and such state anyone here that can help.

I'm very disappointed, but considering we have over 15,000+ members and this actually could drive the moderators nuts (which I didn't think of originally - until trying to figure out something) unless there is something foolproof put in place, it could end up being a nightmare and just cause hard feelings.

I'm sorry I did have good intentions, just didn't think the whole process through though. :-D Maybe at a later time when something definitive can be come up with that wouldn't cause headaches for other individuals. Trying to think this through.

Again, soooo sorry! :cry:
Don't apologize-you have a great idea there. Actually, I like it better and that way we can patronize those that are on pretty regularly and not just once or so to promote themselves. When we get a website for whatever, then WE can make a special folder in our favorites and start a list there instead of relying on the board to do it. Great idea and great job! thanks!!