Old 06-24-2010, 04:56 PM
magpie

Originally Posted by Sassy913
Just a thought...I live in AZ but in the mountains (5200 ft alt) and it still hits 96 like today. A local gal makes neck scarves that are about 2" wide and 30" long that are tubular and filled in the center 1/3 section with the pellets you use in potting soil to maintain moisture. When dry, it lays flat and folds easily into your drawer or purse. But when soaked in cold water for about 20 min. they absorb the water and can be worn around your neck like a kerchief. I have several to go with many wardrobe changes as I work and they look nice as well as keep me cooler. I've even found them to be a benefit with my hot flashes. If you are interest I'll be glad to check on the name of the product they use inside, and send you the pattern. Easy to make, comfortable to wear and really helps keep you comfortable on those hotter then hot days. Can also be worn as a head band while working outdoors in the hot sun and keeps the perspiration from dripping down your face.
Yes I would like the info too as I work where ther is no A/C
and could make them. the good ones to buy cost $23.95 for 2/w shipping. The ones at WM, the innards come right thru the fabic after a couple of uses.
Midge