Old 06-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Vanuatu Jill

I live in the "hills" and it is 25 minutes down the hill to get to anywhere. However, we do have one LQS here, "Crazy 9 Patch", and my sister (who lives here too) took me in a couple years ago on one of my visits (I was living overseas). They were having a back-room sale of fat quarters and other yardage, and I bought about $150.00 worth, even though I was really over-limit on my baggage allowance! Being a real tight-wad (sale shopper, coupon clipper, etc) it really went against my frugal nature, but I enjoyed every minute and every inch of that fabric! They also recommended a few handy notions, which I love. I now live in this community, and am really wanting to go back, not necessarily to just buy stuff (money is tight after just re-locating to the States), but want to meet some other fellow quilters and just hang out! I will probably feel guilty if I DON'T buy something. Problem is, I am a bit shy going on my own, my sister not really into quilting much and really busy anyway. I don't drive here yet so DH has to take me. I'll try to give it a go.