View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 03:03 AM
watterstide

Originally Posted by bluestarmom
Some machines, you can see the bobbin from the top. Others, you can't see them until they are empty and you are still quilting your happy little heart out. Since I will never ever afford the Bernina 830 or other brands at that level, I am curious, do any of you have a machine that will signal you in some form that your bobbin is close to empty????? And if it could be gotten as an add on, even after the pruchase of your machine, would you want it?

I try to monitor my bobbins, but every now and then when your really doing well and things look fine you get this butterfly feeling in your stomach, at least I do when I glance at the fabric moving backwards and I am not seeing the stitching, but yet my thread is still in the needle.. I have sewn close to a half of binding before I realized that the bobbin was empty.. or right in the middle of a special little cutsy design, for example I am using the little turtle stitch in the center of one of my borders on a little boys quilt and trying to go back and re-begin ends up giving me at least one or more multilated turtle shells. Just curious..
i usually just use a bobbin on top and bottom..when i am quilting..they run out at the same time.