Old 06-28-2010, 08:56 AM
JoAnnGC

I am still working on my Viking 21 and was fortunate to obtain a PDF file of the service manual for this machine from a Yahoo group moderator who specializes in early (pre-1980) Vikings. If there is an interest in this I'll be happy to post it. I know most of you collect vintage Singers and similar makes but I would love to hear from anyone who may have a vintage Viking. I am also interested in getting extra cam stacks for mine as well as a less expensive source for the belts. This Viking obsession of mine all started because I was looking for a Featherweight and found this very cute green Husqvarna Viking Automatic Model 21 in its original case instead and couldn't resist. The funny thing is that I just found out that my DMIL has a FW that my DFIL bought for her brand new when they were first married. He paid about $35 for it (a week's salary at that time). I have not seen it yet but knowing her it is probably as pristine as the day it was brought home. It is a treasure that, unfortunately for me, she is not ready to part with because she still uses it. She also has a New Home treadle that needs a belt but is otherwise in working condition. My DFIL also told me that he has a Japanese machine tucked away in his workshop that he will be happy to give me. I have no idea what it is or its age except that he told me an old lady gave it to him (ahem, he's 80) but will post information when I get a chance to get over there to check it out. At this rate I'll probably never get a new fancy sewing machine with all the bells and whistles but I love the history that goes along with these older gems.