Old 06-28-2010, 09:13 AM
Kitzone

I would like to take a moment to thank everyone for their willingness to share their expertise. Without your contributions, I may not have taken the chance at restoring my older machine or purchasing a couple "new" ones : )

The first treadle I brought home, my DH made several comments as to my sanity level. Granted, I suppose I could see his point when I backed my car into the garage and asked if he could help me remove it from my trunk. It was certainly easier going in than getting out.

As I sit here reminiscing, it would have been a Kodak moment watching a 75 year old lady and myself lift, position, and finally secure the trunk lid for the 70 mile ride home.

The machine belonged to her mother, who was a seamstress, and after all these years she decided to “get rid “ of some things so that she could move in with her children. Her story touched my heart. I stayed and listened to her talk about her family. From that moment, I realized that I loved listening to the stories as much as I appreciated the sewing machine.

Judy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-85623.jpe   attachment-85624.jpe