Old 06-28-2010, 09:20 AM
lfw045

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by lfw045
After talking with my Aunt, it seems that the treadle base I was drooling over (and they probably thought it was all that great food)at my Dad's birthday dinner this past weekend wasn't my grandmother's but my Great Grandmother's and it is still a treadle and they want to sell it! Auntie is finding out how much they want for it for me. She did tell me that Grandma's was just a plain black Singerbut she couldn't remember Greatgrandma's. Wouldn't it be cool if they both followed me home? LOL!
In a perfect world, they would GIVE it to you!! If they come up with some bizarre amount that it's worth, we will all join in and let them know it isn't worth that much!!

I certainly hope it makes it's way to your house; no way should any family piece be sold if there's a way around it.
Update: What do you know........talked to my Uncle today that owns these vintage machines and he said I get first dibs on them both when he decides to let them go and he willl give them to me. Come to find out the one that belongs to my grandmother was a handme down from her mother....and the treadle belonged to my Aunt's mother-in-law that quilted for a living! I remember her quilting well......went with my mother on Sunday's occasionally when I was little and remember wondering if the quilt that was on the ceiling would fall on me and at other times the quilt she was working on would take up that whole room it seemed. It amazes me the memories these machines are bringing out in me......lol! Wonderful.......I am excited even though I don't have a clue when I will actually get them!