Old 06-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by lfw045
]Update: What do you know........talked to my Uncle today that owns these vintage machines and he said I get first dibs on them both when he decides to let them go and he willl give them to me. Come to find out the one that belongs to my grandmother was a handme down from her mother....and the treadle belonged to my Aunt's mother-in-law that quilted for a living! I remember her quilting well......went with my mother on Sunday's occasionally when I was little and remember wondering if the quilt that was on the ceiling would fall on me and at other times the quilt she was working on would take up that whole room it seemed. It amazes me the memories these machines are bringing out in me......lol! Wonderful.......I am excited even though I don't have a clue when I will actually get them!
That is soo wonderful to hear, and the fact that you know the history behind them makes it that much more special! I wish I knew the histories behind my machines but only one do I know the history. And it was soooo bad off I did a repaint to it but the treadle that came from that machine is my main central treadle to use in my studio.

So in a way my friends grandmother's love is still sewing away when I make my quilts!!

Billy