Old 06-28-2010, 05:54 PM
granmoppet

Originally Posted by moonrise
After mulling (and mulling and mulling and mulling) over all the options, I just pressed the final checkout button and bought:

Grace Mini Pinni No-Baste Machine Quilting Frame
Juki TL98Q
Grace Stitch Regulator
Bungee Clamps
QuiltCAD Quilting Pattern Software
Grace Gooseneck Lamp and Brite White Bulb Combo
Grace Start Right Cloth Leader Set
Organ Needles for Juki TL98 Series Machines
20 Quilt Machine Metal Bobbins
2 Boxes of Thread
40 Universal Needles for my regular sewing machine (I needed some anyway)

Pressing that button was skeery. Whew. I'm normally super-thrifty, so I'm kind of freaked out. LOL! But that's a lot of money that took ages to save up. :shock: My "piggy bank" sure is scrawny now. I did find a coupon code that took $100 off the price, and got free shipping ($174 value), so that helped a lot!

Now that the skeery button has been pressed, I can't wait to get everything! :lol: Hopefully in a few days I'll be able to quilt all these quilt tops that have piled up, and not have to struggle with my regular sewing machine! :mrgreen:

I hope our bank doesn't spazz out when that gigantic amount comes through. Hubby went this morning to transfer the money, and told them to expect the transaction. Our bank has a super-picky fraud system, which is good to some extent, but a few months ago they locked down our account when we made two $100-ish purchases at Walmart within about an hour (groceries & a DVD player that was paid for separately in the electronics department). Grrr! Crazy, huh? It was on a weekend, and we couldn't get ahold of them until Monday to confirm that yes, the transactions were legit. Luckily we had some cash onhand, but it sure was frustrating. Anyway, hopefully with the advance notice, everything will go through okay! :)

Wheeeee! I'm so excited! :thumbup:
congratulations! this is so exciting - you must let is know when everything is set up and you are using it!