View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 11:52 AM
trupeach1
Banned

I have hand embroidered since I was 8 so I don't need help in the embroidery department it is with transfers. I have vintage iron on transfers and since I wanted to copy them (for my own use) I bought the Aunt Martha's tracing paper that you trace the transfer on to. I have the special red pencil too that you use to trace the transfer then iron onto the fabric. It is NOT working. I have used unwashed100% white cotton fabric you could barely see the lines and not well enough to even make out what the pic is let alone embroider it. I washed the fabric, ironed it on again and still can't see the pic. I then tried a cottom blend wash and unwashed. Still no picture just a little pink so it isn't as if I made a mistake and ironed the wrong side. I re traced the picture so that the pencil was thicker and still nothing. The instructions say to wash the fabric and then use a dry iron on the highest setting. NOTHING is working. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! I just bought all these things and the transfer were pretty costly since they were vintage I would hate it if I couldn't use them. :cry: :cry: :cry: