View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Nanjun

Originally Posted by aorlflood
Originally Posted by Lori L
Originally Posted by janRN
Me, too. I'm having one of those days where I can't get motivated to do anything. Just found out I don't have to work tomorrow--that means I can procratinate even more today. Don't feel like sewing-hate the project I'm working on. Could clean but no one's sticking to kitchen floor yet. Oh well, I'll just stay here awhile longer.

Well......I did stick to my floor near the fridge.....but that's a quick wipe up! :) I also just learned I have an unplanned 5 days off. Thought I was going to have to work a day in the middle.....but yipee!!! Does the JanRN mean you are a nurse?? I recognize the work schedule if you are. :) Who else gets to work weekends and holidays on a regular basis?
I'm an RN. My dept. is open M-F with weekends and holidays covered by "on-call"...so yes...I do call about every 4-5 weekends and have one "major" holiday call per year. July 3'rd is part of my "weekend call", I also was on-call Saturday of Easter weekend, and my holiday call is New Years Day 2011.

And BTW...July 3rd is our wedding anniversary! And I get to spend it on-call and most likely at work! :(

The joys of being a nurse...
Happy anniversary. My daughter has same ann. date.
they will be married 40 years and left today for a short vacation.