Old 07-02-2010, 03:59 PM
dsb38327

Originally Posted by ann clare
WOW Stunning quilt. WOW stunning tute. I use the method of the roll and find it great.
Thank-you. I wrapped the square strip around a paper towel spool. I scotched the first square to the cardboard and rolled as I pressed the seams. The spool was long enough that I could grab it on one end to pick it up and move it when I needed to. When I was sewing I sat the roll flat and unwound the length I needed for the strip. It was fun. I did it to practice the things I have learned on the Quiltingboard and I did do that. I would find myself wanting to cheat and use my 'old ways' and then scold myself and do what I have learned. I was so happy I only broke one needle. When I break another needle it won't happen because I sewed over a straight pin! I am not doing that again. I would have included more steps if I had thought people would have been interested but I didn't want to bore anyone to tears. I also took a picture of the needle I used and the stitch setting so I will know if I want to remember what worked on what quilt and what didn't.
Thanks again to each of you for making me feel so good about this.
I do believe my next will be a Bargello. It is worrying me to death and the only way I will be able to stop thinking about it is to do it. The worry part is that I might use a piece of fabric in a different quilt and wish I had kept it for the Bargello. Sooo,,,, we shall see. /Regards, Dorothy

I rolled the square strip onto a paper towel spool
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83391[/ATTACH]

To remind myself the needle and stitch I used
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83392[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83386.jpe   attachment-83387.jpe