View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Venus

(*First post: Hi everyone!)

I contacted Fiskars when I bought a cutting mat because I didn't see the label until I was home and was concerned about it. I also thought to return it but decided to contact Fiskars first for more information since I'd have to travel out of town to return it. I received the following reply:

"Thank you for contacting Fiskars. Actually, Fiskars products pose no health risk at all. The label that you see was only a precautionary statement that we put on our products while we did some product testing in response to California Proposition 65. We have since completed our testing and we know for sure that our products are safe don't contain any materials listed on the Prop 65 list. So, actually, the warning is unnecessary and has been removed from our packaging since October 2007. It sometimes takes awhile for inventory to cycle through warehouses and distributors.

Our products do not and never have posed any health risk at all. For more information, please visit the following links
* CA Proposition 65 Website: http://www.oehha.ca.gov/prop65.html

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance. Thank you for contacting Fiskars "

I kept the mat and it has been working very well for me and I love the colors (green and yellow). Hope this helps!