View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 05:43 PM
GrammaNancy

Originally Posted by swimer girl
This message is for Quilt Queen 2 or anyone who can help me.Regarding your beautiful blocks

I feel like such a dunce ....i have read this thread avidly...I love the nine patch but do not see how you call that a nine patch.....because it has that 4p in it. sorry but I am really confused...I asked GrammaNancy how she made hers....What am I missing??

Also I have tons of scraps but they are a mess and in several different boxes. Where do I start to get them organized ....i read that you make certain sized strips and sqs...is there a formula for organizing your scraps???? Please help and thanks....all of you on the 9P project are making beautiful blocks and quilts...hugs SG
I think the 4patch/9patches are easier than they look. But they turn out really nice. I made them by making good sized four patches in two contrasting colors. 6x6 I think. Pressing them and then cutting a 3 to 4 inch strip out of the center vertically, and again horizontally. turning the smaller pieces so they contrast and sew the nine resulting pieces back together. Does this make sense??? I think someone may have posted a tutorial somewhere too, if I am unclear. I am pretty new to quilting but I seem to be blessed with figuring out how to do things...not so good a explaing though. Hope I helped in some small way. Nancy