Old 07-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Lori L

Originally Posted by fireworkslover
I was gone all weekend, helping to shoot two fireworks shows in 2 states. Both went very well,except the one Sat. night, started 10 separate fires. A shell with blue long burning stars was the culprit. The firetrucks were there as well as some of our crew with water packs. They stopped the show so the fires could get put out(we were in a prairie area with tall grass). I got lots of deer fly bites and got hot and sweaty, but that all goes away. My ears are almost back to normal. Yesterday was the more relaxing show, at a site we've shot at about 10 yrs. In a city park on flat ground w/ bathroom facilities available. This was a hand shot show, which doesn't happen much anymore. Only one flowerpot, which broke a rack apart, but no one hurt at all. Today I work on starting & finishing the fmq on the background of my fireworks quilt.
Your job is soooo cool!!! Glad no one was hurt. Sounds like a lot of fun every year on the 4th. You must have occasion for fireworks at other times of the year though too, huh?? I know my hometown has their fireworks during Homecoming Week which is not until the end of July.