Thread: Hello from NC
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 08:29 AM
lallyann

Hello! I've actually been a member on this board for a little while but I haven't introduced myself. My name is Laura and I live in north western North Carolina with my husband of almost 15 years and our two daughters, ages 9 and 13. I graduated college in May with a degree in Respiratory Therapy and I have been spending the summer taking board exams and job-hunting. No success in the job search yet, but I did pass my CRT board! YEA! I am learning quilting and feel like I have a LONG way to go. My daughters and I take classes occassionally at a local quilt shop. We enjoy it a lot! We only have one sewing machine, so mostly I let my girls do sewing and I help them cut fabric and whatever else they need help with. Of course, if I ever get a job we have tons of plans for future quilting projects and new sewing machines and eventually a long-arm quilting machine.....ahhhhh but that is in the future! We love to dream big :) My DH puts up with our crafting, I think after 15 years of marriage he has learned it is my therapy and the way I can bond with our duaghters :) I have loved looking at everyone's beautiful talent and have already learned so much from reading this board! Thanks for allowing me to join in the fun!

This is a picture of me, my daughter, and my Mom at the Bon Jovi concert in April 2010. Yes, I love Bon Jovi :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]80229[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-80224.jpe