Old 07-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Teacup

Oh, you are enablers! A year ago I was really just a quilter wanna-be, was afraid to commit to trying projects. I just had my first anniversary on the board...I joined to participate in a doll quilt swap 'cause it sounded like fun. (It was!) I did several more doll quilts, a block swap, I'm in one of the IRRs and I'm now hosting the tablerunner swap (I made my first tablerunners for the summer swap!). My family is at the point where they are asking me to keep something I make!

Because of what I've learned on the QB, I've also made D9P placemats and schlepp bags. I've bought STARCH, more STARCH and SIZING. I've bought some Eleanor Burns rulers for HST and flying geese. I got the June Taylor shape cutter (love it!). I learned about scant 1/4 inches (I'm still practicing!) I bought a 1/4 inch foot with a guide. I bought a larger cutting mat. I got the book Hooked on Feathers to try FMQ (will do that in the near future). I got Eleanor Burn's Night and Day book and a book from Quiltville/Bonnie Hunter. I just ordered Yellow Brick Road pattern for DD to try for her first quilt and I'm getting FQs from Connecting Thread for her to use. I also now order my thread from Connecting Threads and I've gotten fabric from there as well as Whittles, Fabric.com [saved $ there using a coupon code posted by a QB member], Nancy's Notions, Crow's Nest Quilting on Ebay. I've also checked out dozens of other wonderful quilting sites recommended here. I use Elmer's School Glue for seam basting and attaching binding. I've tried some great recipes. I've found some wonderful jokes to send to family and friends. And I've found lots of laughter and a community that offers lots of heartfelt sharing and support on the QB. Thank you all!