View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 06:16 AM
littlelemon

Hello everyone! I am Amy from central Ohio (Delaware). I have been quilting for 11 years. I learned how to quilt by taking a beginner's class at my local quilt shop, and my first quilt was a crib-sized sampler quilt. I prefer to hand piece and quilt as it is portable and I can be a bit of a control freak over my stitching. I would like to learn to become a little better with my machine quilting. I am confident with free motion, but I am afraid to begin machine quilting actual patterns.

I have 3 children that I homeschool, and in the evenings and on the weekends I work at a part-time job. I am very busy, but I like being able to settle down with some quilting when I can. I haven't made a quilt in almost 2 years, but I am just now beginning a wholecloth baby quilt for my niece who will be born in October. It feels so good to begin a new project.

I am glad to be on this board, I am hoping it will keep me motivated and inspired, and I am looking forward to following some of you in your projects~

Love,
Amy J.