Old 07-12-2010, 02:59 AM
Crossstitcher

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Want to thank everyone for the help reguarding the white treadle machine. But, what I am having trouble with is a Hilton sewing machine. I posted pictures a few pages back. This machine has really been a bummer but I'll get it. Hubby said we will get it or make a boat anchor out of it and we don't own a boat. (he thought that was funny!!) Again thanks for all the help past,present,and future.
If you have a new needle, and are using your manual to be sure it's in the right way and the machine is threaded properly (always thread with presser foot up), make sure you have threaded the bobbin case the right way and that it's the right bobbin for the case. (I can't tell you how many "non-working" machines I've seen with the wrong bobbin!!) It looks like a class 15 machine, so the bobbin shouldn't be hard to identify if it is.

A couple of weeks ago, an OSMG with 50 years experience and I spent 2 1/2 hours trying to figure out what was wrong with my 201. Even though we had checked the bobbin and found no rough spot, we finally figured out that the loop was catching on the lower side of the bobbin and throwing the stitch off. I learned that my 201 doesn't like the new bobbins and only wants to sew with the originals!!
Thanks for the help. I think the problem is some where in the tension. We took all the bobbin parts out and put another in from another machine and it still did the same thing. But, the tension on the upper part of the machine is so tight I can't pull the thread to thread the needle. Have to check it out some more. We worked on it so long had to leave it for a while. I won't let DH use it as an anchor.

:?