View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 11:27 AM
plainjane

I've been reading about the Wal-mart stories and just have to vent also. First off, the fabric you would get at any Wal-mart was no the quality of quilt stores. Wal-Mart has a bad way of teling a mfg what they will pay for items and the mfg will cut quality just for Wal-Mart to sell it cheeper-THEN, when they run the private business away, they cease to sell that (or those) items. I worked for Hancocks and our prices were higher, but the quality was higher. As a last resort, I shop Wal-Mart for anything. And yes, the fabric department was discontinued localy also. The local Hobby Lobby is the only fabric source here. Recently, i went in to purchase cording (I make my own piping to match the grandaughter's dresses) and the little girl said, "well, I don't know what that is, so I quess we don't have it." I didn't have time to look, but went back when a friend was working and there was an end cap-loaded! The dept. stores are just hiring bodies, not necessarily one with knowledge about a certain department. Very Frustrating! Now, if I need notions or supplies that does not require "matching" I do a quilt shop search online. If you go to a quilt store, chances are, they are like you and love what they do and are helpful. You'll always run across someone not having a good day-in ANY business. End of vent!!!