View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Eddie

Generally,the LQS that I go to are very nice to me, and I feel very comfortable in them. I have two main ones that I go two, one in either direction, and they all know me by name in both of them.

I think it's the customers who haven't seen me in there before that are the ones that are dumb-struck at times. A few weeks ago we were at one of those LQSs and there was a lady from Russia in there (here in Arkansas of all places) with apparently her elderly mother as well as her two small children. I was gathering some fabric to be cut and had put it on the cutting table when she asked "YOU quilt?" with much surprise. I'm guessing there aren't many male quilters in Russia other than our Admin, LOL :) The owner of the shop jumped in and glorified me to no end, talking about how many quilts that I had made, etc., etc. And then there was the other customer who looked at me when I walked in a different time as though I were an escaped convict. So I get different reactions.

There is another LQS that I've been to a couple of times, but will not go back. They treated me as though I were an idiot when I came in there, and they were bordering on rude. It's kind of a toney place, so they haven't gotten any of my $$$ since.